Are you interested in attending Global Impact STEM Academy?
Take some time to explore this website or contact us at 937-328-6600. If you think you’d excel in our rigorous, unique school, fill out the form below.
Results will be posted at 7PM on January 11th via the GISA website after results are received from an outside accounting firm. A unique student number will recognize each applicant.
Global Impact STEM Academy Lottery – January 11th
Results Posted @ 7:00 p.m.
Global Impact STEM Academy lottery process for enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year (If Applicable):
In Global Impact’s effort to maintain a desired culture and climate that promotes adequate class and school size it is the boards intent to keep grade levels at approximately 100 students. Global Impact intends to accept 115 students each year in each grade level, with the extra 15 students to account for foreseeable attrition each year. To accomplish this, Global Impact will conduct a lottery for applications received during the period of November 9th through the end of the day on January 5th, if the number of applicants exceed that of 115 for its incoming 7th grade class.
After submitting an application between the dates of November 9th and January 5th, students will be eligible for the lottery to be held on January 11th. Siblings of current students and children of Global Impact staff members will receive preferred consideration for available spots*.
The lottery will be vetted and certified by an outside accounting firm to ensure a fair and equitable process. All eligible applicants will be assigned a number and that number will be communicated to the applicant prior to the lottery. The first available spots will go to those preferred sibling and staff member students. The remainder of the spots will be randomly selected. Numbers selected after the desired 115 students have been slated will be considered alternates and invited to fill available seats if they come open. The alternate list will be maintained for future years and students on that waitlist will not need to reapply in future years.
For spots in grade levels OTHER than incoming 7th grade:
Global Impact is currently maintaining a list of alternates for all grade levels other than incoming 7th grade. There are currently no available seats in these grade levels and any applications received for those grades will be added to the current alternate list and be considered in the order in which they are received. If seats become available through attrition, those applicants will be contacted and invited to attend. Due to the unique programing model, Global Impact does not currently take any new students in grades 11 & 12.
Lottery and enrollment at a glance:
- Each student is assigned a number
- Students with preferred consideration are selected for the first available seats
- Each student number is randomly selected
- Student numbers are placed in spreadsheet from 1 to (total amount of applicants)
- Students selected for the first 115 seats are mailed acceptance letters and enrollment directions after the lottery is held – If we have not met one-on-one prior to the lottery, we may ask that selected students and their parents come in for a brief meeting
- Students whose numbers are drawn for seats after the 115 number has been reached will be considered alternates based on order of when their number was selected
- Enrollment packets will be due back to Global Impact by a specific date in the spring. If we do not receive an accepted student’s enrollment packet by the deadline, their seat will be forfeited and that opportunity will be given to the next alternate.
* Prospective students of siblings, staff and board members further explained:
Siblings of current students and prospective students of staff members must apply like every other applicant to receive preferred consideration.
- In an effort to suppress circumventing the established system and to ensure an equitable process for all other applicants, siblings of current students must apply the first year of availability for a new class of students.
o Example: if a student has a sibling in grade 10 and chooses not to apply or attend in grade 7, but desires to attend in a future year, they will be added to the alternate list in the order in which their application was received.
- Siblings that apply that are in the same grade or siblings that apply in a year that multiple grade levels are new (i.e. 7th, 8th, & 9th being new in the same year) and one sibling is drawn in the lottery, the other sibling will be automatically be added.
- If a student applies and is selected in the lottery and that student has a sibling in a grade level in which that student submitted an application according to the processes determined by Global Impact the first year that their was an opportunity to apply and that student is currently waitlisted, that sibling will be added to the role as well.
o Example: if a student applied in the 9th grade and did not make it in the lottery and is currently on the waitlist for next year’s 10th grade and they had a sibling that applied for the 7th grade and were selected in the lottery, that 10th grader would be added to the student body.
Falsifying information on the application (i.e. siblings) may result in having a prospective student application pulled for consideration.
Lottery Breakdown outside of siblings, staff and board member prospective students:
All students that are in the lottery will have the equal random chance of acceptance no matter the unique demographic identifiers such as, but not limited to:
- Social-Economic Status
- Intellectual ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, or athletic or artistic ability
- Gender, Sex, Race, Color, National Origin, Ethnicity, Religion, Disability, and other protected traits under Global Impact’s non-discrimination policy